Classic american hamburger
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 lb
- lean ground beef
- 1 large
- 1/2 c
- minced onions
- 1/4 c
- cup fine dried bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 or 2 clove
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 4 large
- hamburger buns, 4in wide, split
- 1/4 c
- 1/4 c
- iceberg lettuce leaves, rinced & crisp
- firm ripe tomatoe, cored & sliced
- thin sliced red or sweet onion
11. In a bowl, mix ground beef, egg, onion, bread crumbs, Worcestershire, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper until well blended. Divide mixture into four equal portions and shape each into a patty about 4 inches wide.
22. Lay burgers on an oiled barbecue grill over a solid bed of hot coals or high heat on a gas grill (you can hold your hand at grill level only 2 to 3 seconds); close lid on gas grill. Cook burgers, turning once, until browned on both sides and no longer pink inside (cut to test), 7 to 8 minutes total. Remove from grill
33. Lay buns, cut side down, on grill and cook until lightly toasted, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
44. Spread mayonnaise and ketchup on bun bottoms. Add lettuce, tomato, burger, onion, and salt and pepper to taste. Set bun tops in place.
5Notes: If you want absolute bacteria safety, you need to cook your burgers to 160°. This recipe will keep them moist. To make cheeseburgers, about 1 minute before burgers are done, top with sliced cheese; continue cooking until cheese begins to melt. Prep and cook time: about 30 minutes.