Ciao Bella Taco Casserole
Anna Sciancalepore Antoniello
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 lb
- ground beef or turkey
- 1 medium
- finely chopped onion
- 2 bottle
- (8 oz) taco sauce
- 1 1/2 c
- 2 can(s)
- (4 oz) fire roasted diced green chilis
- 2 pkg
- (1.25 oz) reduced sodium taco seasoning mix
- 2 pkg
- (12 count) taco shells,broken, divided
- 4 c
- shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, salsa, and sour cream for toppings
1Cook beef or turkey in a large skillet until no longer pink. Drain excess fat.
2Stir in taco sauce, water, chiles and seasoning mix. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3Grease a 9" X 13" baking dish. Layer half of the broken taco shells on the bottom of dish. Cover with half the meat mixture, sprinkle with half the cheese. Repeat layers with remaining ingredients.
4Bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Serve with toppings. Enjoy!
5Recipe can be cut in half. Use a 11" X 7" baking dish and reduce cooking time to 20-25 minutes.