Chuck Wagon Roast with Vegetables
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3 pound boneless chuck roast
- 2 Tbsp
- 3 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 1 c
- 1 c
- 4 tsp
- instant beef soup boullion (or use 1 cup good beef stock instead of water and bouillon)
- 1/2 tsp
- crushed thyme leaves
- 1/4 tsp
- medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- medium onions, cut into wedges
- 3 c
- frozen broccoli flourets, thawed (i use 1 crown of fresh broccoli)
- 2 c
- frozen cauliflower flourets, thawed (1/2 head of fresh cauliflower)
1Preheat oven to 325°F.
2In a large skillet, brown roast in oil. Place in 3-quart roasting or baking pan. (I use a baking pan and wrap roast tight in foil) Add flour to drippings; cook and stir until browned. Add buttermilk, water, bouillon, thyme and pepper. Cook and stir until bouillon dissolves and mixture thickens slightly, about 5 minutes.
3Place onions around meat; spoon sauce over meat. Cover; bake 2 hours.
4Add carrots and continue to bake for 2-3 hours more or until roast is tender. Add remaining vegetables; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.