Cheesy Tamale Pie
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 lb
- lean ground beef
- onion, chopped
- jalapeño pepper, seeded, finely chopped
- (15 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1 tsp
- ground cumin
- (8.5 ounce) package corn muffin mix
- (8 ounce) package kraft mexican style shredded four cheese
1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Brown meat with onions and peppers in large skillet. Stir in next 4 ingredients. Cook and stir 3 minutes or until heated through. Spoon into 13 by 9 inch baking dish.
Prepare muffin batter as directed on package. Stir in cheese. Spread over meat mixture.
Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cornbread topping comes out clean. Cool slightly.