California Tri Tip Sandwich
- beef tri tip (a favorite california cut of beef)
- cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 c
- worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 c
- (or more) mayonaise
- 1 bunch
- fresh tarragon (small), chopped fine
- 1/4 c
- mezzetta deli-sliced golden greek peperoncini (per person)
- soft french roll (one per person)
- light olive oil
- sliced good-quality swiss cheese (1-2 slices per person)
- ripe, sliced tomato (room temperature) (2 slices per person)
- chopped lettuce
Roast beef for approximately 45-55 minutes, or until desired doneness. (I prefer 140 degrees, internal temperature). Set beef on rack to rest 15 minutes.
Blend chopped tarragon into mayonnaise.
Spread with tarragon mayonnaise.
Slice Beef Tri Tip diagonally, against the grain, in thin slices.
Lay several thin slices of beef on bottom part of french roll. Top with swiss cheese.
Set on foil, under hot broiler, just until cheese is well-melted.
Lay several slices of ripe tomato over cheese. Next layer the sliced Mezzetta peppers.
Finish with chopped lettuce, and top of french roll.
Spear with two long tooth picks, and cut in the middle.