California Tri Tip Sandwich
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- beef tri tip (a favorite california cut of beef)
- cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 c
- worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 c
- (or more) mayonaise
- 1 bunch
- fresh tarragon (small), chopped fine
- 1/4 c
- mezzetta deli-sliced golden greek peperoncini (per person)
- soft french roll (one per person)
- light olive oil
- sliced good-quality swiss cheese (1-2 slices per person)
- ripe, sliced tomato (room temperature) (2 slices per person)
- chopped lettuce
1Liberally sprinkle fresh ground black pepper on both sides of beef. Place in gallon-size zip-lock bag with the chopped garlic and Worcestershire Sauce. Place bag in refrigerator for several hours or overnight. (Turn bag a few times)
2Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Remove beef from bag and place in heavy roasting pan.
Roast beef for approximately 45-55 minutes, or until desired doneness. (I prefer 140 degrees, internal temperature). Set beef on rack to rest 15 minutes.
Blend chopped tarragon into mayonnaise.
3Slice french roll, laying it open. Lightly brush with olive oil, place both halves on foil, under hot boiler, toasting until lightly golden brown.
Spread with tarragon mayonnaise.
Slice Beef Tri Tip diagonally, against the grain, in thin slices.
Lay several thin slices of beef on bottom part of french roll. Top with swiss cheese.
Set on foil, under hot broiler, just until cheese is well-melted.
Lay several slices of ripe tomato over cheese. Next layer the sliced Mezzetta peppers.
Finish with chopped lettuce, and top of french roll.
Spear with two long tooth picks, and cut in the middle.