Brokeback Tacos Gringa Style
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- bag of corn tortilla chips (unsalted preferred)
- 1 lb
- ground beef
- 3 Tbsp
- my mexican spice mix, or equivalent (taco seasoning)
- 1/2 medium
- onion, diced
- 1 can(s)
- beans of your choice, pinto, black, etc.
- roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 c
- 2 c
- shredded cheese, pepper jack, cheddar, etc.
- 1 c
- each mexican crumbling cheese, queso fresca, and 1 cup more shredded cheese of your choice
- 3 c
- finally shredded cabbage
- sour cream, diced scallions, avocado slices
- pico de gallo or salsa (my recipe is posted on jap)
1Place plenty of chips on cookie jelly roll pan and place in oven on 200 to warm.
2In a skillet, cook the ground meat to which has been added the diced onions and the seasonings (chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, oregano, salt, pepper) My recipe is on JAP. Cook until done.
3Drain and rinse one can of beans and place on top. Chop up 2 roma tomatoes on top of that. Add the corn. Cover with the first two cups of cheese. Cover and simmer on low until cheese has melted and everything is warmed through.
4Place the skillet on the table with the chips, and all the rest of the ingredients in bowls for people to build their own "taco". NOTE: we use cabbage in place of shredded lettuce, because it is nice and crunchy and just tastes great. Give it a try.