Betty's slow-cooked beef stew, Hungarian style
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 1/4
- beef roast (any kind, we used sirloin roast)
- 3 c
- cabbage, chopped in large pieces
- 1/2 lb
- carrots, chopped or fresh baby carrots
- large onion, chopped in large pieces
- packet of onion-mushroom soup mix (dried)
- 6 oz. can tomato paste
- cup red wine (any kind)
- 1 1/2
- cups water
- 3 Tbsp
- hungarian paprika (or less to your taste)
- 1-2 tsp
- caraway seeds
- 1 c
- sour cream
1Cut the beef roast into large cubes. (I tossed in some worcestershire sauce when my mom wasn't looking). :)
2Add the veggies & beef to a crockpot. Mix the other ingredients except sour cream in a bowl & pour over top.
3Add some fresh ground black pepper. Cook on low for 8-10 hours. (We cooked overnight & then turned to warm in the morning until lunch.) The beef will be fork tender.
4Add sour cream before serving & heat through on low in crockpot. Serve over potatoes or egg noodles tossed w/ butter, black pepper & fresh parsley. Enjoy!