Beefy Nacho Casserole
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1/2 lb
- bell peppers, sliced, use both red and green if possible
- 1 1/2 lb
- lean ground beef
- 1/2 tsp
- garlic salt
- tubes refrigerated pizza dough
- 1 jar(s)
- (16 ounces) salsa, use your favorite
- 3 c
- shredded taco cheese blend
- can (2.2 ounces) sliced black olives, drained (about 1/4 cup)
- large scallions, trimmed and sliced (or substitute 1 large onion)
1Heat oven to 375 degrees. Coat 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add peppers, ground beef and garlic salt; cook, stirring to break up clumps of beef, until the peppers are soft and beef is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Drain off any excess fat from skillet.
2Remove pizza dough from tubes. Cut the dough crosswise into 1/2-inch-wide slices, then cut each slice into quarters.
In large bowl, toss together dough pieces and salsa. Add cooked meat mixture, 2 cups of the taco-cheese blend and olives. Scrape mixture into baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup taco-cheese blend over the top.
3Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Sprinkle scallions (or onions) evenly over the top. Bake an additional 5 minutes.