Beef Tenderloin with Potatoes
A TOH Recipe.
- 2-1/4 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups ketchup
- 3 envelopes (.7 ounce each) italian salad dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 10 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook for 15-20 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; toss with butter, salt and pepper.
Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 60-75 minutes or until beef reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing; serve with pan juices and potatoes.