Beef & Broccoli
Now-a-days the ingredients are readily available in the grocery store.
Serve over steamed rice.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1/2-1 Tbsp
- garlic-minced (less if you don't like garlic)
- 2 Tbsp
- soy sauce, dark
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/2 tsp
- sesame oil
- 1 tsp
- non-stick spray or 2 tsp cooking oil
- 1 lb
- lean top sirloin -roast or steak sliced across the grain thinly
- 16 oz
- broccoli florets-cooked for 2 minutes (i use steamable bags)
- 1/2 small
- yellow onion cut in half and then thinly sliced
- 1/3 c
- oyster sauce
- 3/4 c
- chicken broth(i use fat free, lower sodium)
- 1 Tbsp
MARINADE FOR BEEF
MEAT AND VEG
Sprinkle meat with cornstarch, stir to mix into the meat.
Add the dark soy, sugar and sesame oil, stirring to combine.
Set aside and marinate for 15-30 minutes while preparing the dish.
If "gravy" isn't thick enough, mix a slurry of 1/4c broth and 1 TBSP cornstarch, stir it in and bring back to a boil again.