Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 c
- dry red wine or beef broth
- 1 pkg
- (from a 1.8 oz box) mushroom-onion soup
- 2 1/2-pound thin-cut beef brisket, trimmed of fat
- 12 small
- red potatoes (1 1/2 pounds), well-scrubbed
- 9 medium
- carrots (1 1/2 pounds), cut in 2-inch chunks
1Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2Pour wine into a 4-5 quart dutch oven. Stir in soup mix until blended.
3Add beef and turn to coat. Cover and bake 2 hours.
4Add potatoes and carrots. Cover and bake 1 hour longer until meat and vegetables are tender.
5Remove meat to a cutting board. Cover loosely with foil and let stand 10 minutes. Cut in thin slices against the grain. Arrange on serving platter with vegetables. Spoon some gravy over meat. Serve with remaining gravy.