Apalachicola Spaghetti Sauce
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- about 4 cloves garlic, peeled and cut in slivers
- 3 lbs. lean boneless beef or chuck, cut in 3/4" cubes
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 3 tbsp. oil, preferably olive
- 4 large onions, chopped (about 4 cups)
- 2 cans (28 oz. each) tomatoes
- 1 can (12 oz) tomato paste
- water (1 tomato paste can)
- 1 tbsp. each worcestershire, sugar and salt
- 1/2 t. pepper
- 2 bay leaves
1Insert 1 garlic sliver into each cube meat. Coat meat with flour.
2In large kettle in hot oil, brown meat in several batches. Remove and drain on paper towels. Set aside. Pour off all but 2 T. oil.
3Add onions, sauté until lightly browned. Add meat, tomatoes, tomato paste, water, Worcestershire, sugar, salt, pepper and bay leaves. Bring to boil. Reduce heat. Cover. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
4Simmer 4 to 6 hours or until meat is tender. Add more water if needed if sauce becomes too thick. Discard bay leaves. Serve over spaghetti or noodles. Makes 10 cups
Source: My Old Recipes