Poori (Fried Delight - Main Dish)
My great grand mom would have made it...
my grand mom made it....
My mom made it...
now I do :)
a sure favorite of anyone and everyone...you would instantly fall in love with this fried delight :)
My recipe for you (from my mom's kitchen)
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 c
- indian atta flour (wheat/multi-grain) or self-rising flour (read end-notes)
- 1/2 c
- and 1 tbsp of water
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- butter, melted
- vegetable oil for deep frying
1. while frying, make sure that the poori doesn't turn a shade of brown, remove it in less than 45 seconds.
2. You can serve the pooris with a side of my recipe (pindi chole), ketchup , jam, sugar and butter, mint chutney, tamarind chutney or just plain yogurt.
3. I have not made this recipe with self-rising flour before but have learned that if you do, you need to eat it soon and while they are hot for best taste results
4. Sweet pooris: if you have a sweet tooth, I have this recipe to make sweet pooris...will be posting that soooon :)
Love from my Indian Kitchen