The ingredients and the recipe have been modified. Hence you can find all the ingredients at any of your local grocery stores!!
Still, the recipe was a great hit at home :) So, the taste has not been compromised...
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- red onion, finely sliced
- 1 c
- mixed vegetables, frozen (peas, corn, carrots, beans)
- 2 c
- semolina (rava)
- 2 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 1/8 c
- dry roasted peanuts
- inch ginger piece, finely chopped
- green chillies, sliced vertically
- 4 1/2 c
- cilantro leaves
- 1/2 tsp
- turmeric powder
- kosher salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon juice (optional)
1Dry roast the rava in a saucepan for about 5-10 minutes till it turns golden brown and remove from heat immediately to avoid burning.
2Meanwhile, heat oil in another pan. Once it has been heated, add the peanuts, ginger pieces and chillies. Now add the onion slices and fry them for about 5 min till they turn translucent.
3Thaw and boil the cup of mixed vegetables in microwave and drain all the water. Add the vegetables to the pan. Fry the vegetables for about 5 min.
4Now, add 4 1/2 cups of water to the mixture and bring it to a boil. Then add salt and turmeric powder and give the mixture a stir.
5Now, stir in the rava, 1/4 cup at a time. To avoid The formation of lumps keep stirring till all the rava boils in water and combines with the vegetables to form one solid mass. (Also, you can stir in 1 tbsp of lemon juice for extra flavor before turning off the flame!!)
6Serve hot and immediately, garnished with finely chopped cilantro leaves!!
1. For best results, use RAVA or Indian Semolina (tiny white balls) found in all Indian Grocery Stores. For convenience sake, we can substitute this with couscous or grits.
2. If you use couscous or grits, cook that according to package instructions, do steps 1 and 2 and then stir in the cooked grits or couscous to the mixture.Serve hot garnished with cilantro!
3. Original Ingredients::Replaced Ingredients
- Asafoetida (1 tsp)::ginger
- Red Chillies (3):: Green chillies
- Urad dal(1 tbsp), mustard seeds(1 tbsp), channa dal(1 tbsp)::peanuts
- Curry leaves (10)::cilantro