Purple hyacinth beans, also called lablab or Mochai Payeer or bataw. They are popular in India, Myanmar (Burma), Singapore, and the Philippines:
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 c
- purple hyacinth beans (lablab)
- 2 clove
- 3 Tbsp
- curry powder
- few curry leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
11. Boil the lablab beans with little salt until tender, strain and keep aside.
2. Cut the tempeh into small cubes and fry in oil. Keep aside.
3. In a separate wok, add little oil, saute the onion and garlic. Add the lablab beans, curry powder, salt and some water. Let it cook for 10 to 15 minutes until the gravy thickens.
4. Add the fried tempeh and mix well.
5. Add curry leaves and crushed black pepper. Serve hot with plain rice.
Note: Don't add the tempeh until the gravy has thickened, or else the tempeh will absorb the gravy and look soggy.