House Special Fried Rice
- 2 Tbsp
- canola or vegetable oil
- 1/2 c
- chopped onion
- 1/2 c
- chopped or grated carrot
- 1 tsp
- minced garlic
- 2 c
- chopped vegetables, ie: broccoli, asparagus, mushrooms, peas, spinach, cabbage...use what you have on hand. the key is to keep each vegetable separate from the others
- 3 c
- cooked and cooled, long grain white or brown rice
- 1 - 2 c
- cooked, chopped protein, ie: shrimp, chicken, beef, turkey, pork or any combination
- 3 - 4 Tbsp
- soy sauce
- scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- scallions to garnish (optional)
- salted peanuts to garnish (optional)
1. A wok would be great, but, not necessary! Use a large sauté or frying pan if you don’t have a wok.
2. Heat your pan over medium high heat until it is very hot!
3. Have all your ingredients ready to go when you start cooking. The process goes very quickly!
4. *If at all possible, use cooled or refrigerated rice. The rice grains will be firmer and won’t get mushy during the cooking process.
5. Keep things moving in your pan! Use a spatula or large spoon, but, keep stirring and tossing everything!
6. Let’s get started!
Remember, keep everything moving!