Aztec hot chocolate for the slow cooker
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate pieces
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso coffee powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- sweetened whipped cream, optional
- ground cinnamon optional
1in a 3 1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker, mix milk, half and half, chocolate pieces, coffee powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and ground chipotle Chile pepper.
2Cover and cook on low heat setting for four hours or on high heat setting for two hours, whisking vigorously once halfway through cooking time. Whisk well before serving. If desired, garnish each serving with whipped cream and sprig with cinnamon. Makes 12 servings.