Thick Coffee Banana Smoothie
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 c
- fresh brewed coffee, cooled
- 1 medium
- banana, peeled
- 1-2 Tbsp
- sugar or splenda (optional) or 1 -2 tablespoon honey, to taste (optional)
- 1 1/2 c
- french vanilla yogurt (low-fat or nonfat is fine)
- 1-2 Tbsp
- protein powder (or other nutritional powder) (optional)
- 1 tsp
- chocolate syrup (optional)
- 1/4 tsp
- vanilla extract
1Twenty to thirty minutes before you plan to mix your smoothie, put the coffee in a shallow pan and place it in the freezer, stirring once or twice after 15 minutes.
It should become slushy-icy.
2Thinly slice the banana onto a plate and put that in the freezer as well, to chill.
While you're waiting, chill the glasses you plan to use.
3When you're ready to proceed, combine the chilled coffee, banana, and sugar to taste in a blender.
Blend just until smooth.
4Add the yogurt and any of the remaining ingredients you wish to use.
5Blend again, briefly, just until smooth. Taste, adding a little more sugar if needed. Transfer to the chilled glasses and serve.