Chilled Mexican Coffee
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 c
- brewed coffee, for ice cubes
- 1 c
- brewed coffee, strong, chilled
- pinch cayenne pepper, finely ground
- scoop chocolate ice cream, large
- 1 oz
- kahlua, liqueur
- o whipped cream, garnish
- 1 tsp
- shaved bittersweet chocolate, garnish
- coffee beans, chocolate, crushed ( garnish)
1Pour one cup of coffee into ice cube tray and place in freezer until frozen.
2Mix the remaining cup of coffee with cayenne pepper and pour into a jar and chill in fridge, until the ice cubes are ready to use.
3Put three of the coffee ice cubes into blender, next add coffee, chocolate ice cream and Kahlua, puree until all the ice is crushed.
4If you prefer a thicker drink add more of the coffee ice cubes at this point until the desired thickness is achieved.
5Pour into a tall glass and garnish with chocolate whipped cream and sprinkle with bittersweet flaked chocolate and crushed chocolate covered coffee beans.