Spring Hill Ranch's Spiced Apple Cider Batter
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 c
- (about 1 pound) dark brown sugar (light brown sugar will do, but it won't be quite as rich)
- 1/2 c
- salted butter, softened and cut into tablespoon-sized chunks
- 1 tsp
- ground cinnamon (the good kind!)
- 1/2 tsp
- ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp
- ground nutmeg (freshly ground, right?)
- cinnamon sticks
- whipped cream (perhaps with a little drizzle of homemade caramel sauce?)
1In the bowl of a food processor, pulse together the brown sugar and butter until they are nearly combined. Add in the cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg and pulse to thoroughly mix. Place the batter in an airtight container and refrigerate it until it has slightly hardened, about 3 hours. It will keep for at least a week in the refrigerator or for a short eon in the freezer.
2To serve, place 1 heaping Tablespoon of the batter into a mug and fill the mug with simmering apple cider. That is CIDER, folks, not apple JUICE! Garnish.