My spiced rum
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- one bottle gold rum, 750 ml
- peel from one medium orange, removed in a long, thin strip
- one vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- one cinnamon stick, 4 inches
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice
- four whole cloves
1pour off about 1/4 cup of the rum and reserve for another use. Believe me you'll find one.
2pour off about 1/4 cup of the rum and reserve for another use. Believe me you'll find one. Add the orange peel, vanilla bean, cinnamon stick, allspice, and cloves to the bottle. Cover and let stand for about two weeks. The rum is ready when the allspice berries sink into the bottom of the bottle. Make 3/4 L.