Pineapple Custard Bread Pudding
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1/4 c
- butter or margarine, softened
- 3 oz
- pkg. instant vanilla pudding
- 1 tsp
- 3 large
- 3 c
- 8 oz
- can crushed pineapple in it's own juice
- 2/3 c
- flaked coconut
- 1/2 c
- golden raisins or fresh cranberries , chopped
- 1 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 8 slice
- air dried hawaiian bread or rolls torn in bite size pieces
Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
In another bowl combine milk, undrained pineapple, coconut, raisins and vanilla.
By hand, blend milk mixture into creamed mixture( mixture will look curdled).
Fold in bread cubes. Pour into an ungreased 2 quart casserole or 8-inch square baking dish. Place casserole in a larger shallow pan on oven rack. Pour hot water into larger pan to depth of one inch. Bake in 325^ oven for 1 1/4 hours for casserole 1 hour for 8 inch square pan or until knife inserted off center comes out clean.