My Savory Autumn Bread Pudding
Photos by me.
- (16 oz.) pkg. mild, sweet or hot ground italian sausage (i like johnsonville's)
- large shallot chopped fine, (1/4 cup chopped)
- large bosc pear, peeled and cut bite-sized
- large (or extra-large) eggs
- strips bacon, cooked crisp and broken bite-sized
- tbl. real butter
- tsp. dark brown sugar
- cups heavy whipping cream, (1 pint)
- tsp. salt
- tsp. coarse ground black pepper
- long skinny french baguette, 8 oz. loaf
- tbl. spicy brown mutard (or whole grain)
- (5 oz.) container crumbled blue cheese (1 cup crumbled)
When you need to use some, take out how ever many strips you need, place on a sheet of papertowel and cover with another and microwave on high for 8-10 seconds until re-sizzling. Wah-lah!