Lemon Crunch Dessert
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- small gingersnap cookies, about 2 cups
- 5 Tbsp
- butter or margarine at room temperature
- 2 pkg
- 3 oz. size pkg. lemon gelatin
- 1 1/2 c
- boiling water
- 1 pt
- lemon sherbet, slightly softened
- container (8 oz.) low-fat lemon yogurt
- 2 c
- thawed frozen whipped topping
- 1 pt
- fresh strawberries, hulled and rinsed cut into 1/4 in. slices
- 3 Tbsp
- sliced almonds
- 2 tsp
- granulated sugar
- 1/4 c
- reserved crumb mixture
- whole strawberries and lemon slices
11. Have a 9 1/2 or 10 in pie plate ready. 2. Crust: crush cookies in food processor until you have fine crumbs. Add softened butter until moist and then save a 1/4 cup of the crumb mixture for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture in bottom and up the sides. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until crust is firm.
2Mean while make mousse. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in Lemon sherbet until melted, then yogurt until blended. refrigerate 15 minutes, stirring once or twice, or until mixture starts to set up and thick enough to hold its shape when dropped from a spoon. Gently stir in whipped topping until well blended. Spread slightly less than half the mixture over the crust. Top with sliced strawberries, then remaining mousse mixture, mounding slightly in center. Refrigerate up to 2 days at this point.
3Topping: Mix the reserved 1/4 cup crumb mixture, the almonds, and sugar in a small , preferably non-stick pan. Stir constantly over med.-low heat 2 to 3 minutes. (watch carefully it may burn). Cool completely. Before serving sprinkle on top of pie and garnish with fanned strawberries and lemon slices.
4NOTE: I made this for Easter and decided to use a spring form pan. It turned out great! It should be easier to cut this way then in a pie plate.