Apple Rum Farmhouse Pudding By Freda
Yet this is so Pleasing and elegant to serve.
Back on the farm, When apples are Plentiful, freezeing apples, was what was done, saved, for any time of the year. . . Just for this recipe and a few others.
Also great to take to Potlucks or family get-togethers.
Hint: You can also add Raisins if You desire.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 6-8 Large
- cooking apples, core peel and slice.
- 1/2 lemon
- lemon, juice, fresh ( juice goes over the apples)
- 3/4 C
- brown sugar
- 1 1/2 TBS
- butter, melted
- 2 TBS
- 1/4 Cup
- rum or (equivilent flavoring)
- 1 Cup
- water ( note; add a bit more water if using flavoring)
- cinnamon, ( sprinkled)
- brown sugar meringue (recipe following.)
- 2 Tbs
- mixed candied fruits (chopped)
- lemon rub copper or stainess steel bowl with cut side.
- egg whites (room temp)
- 1/4 C
- brown sugar
APPLE RUM FARMHOUSE PUDDING, SO EASY, STEP BY STEP
BROWN SUGAR MERINGUE:
2. Sprinkle with lemon juice over apples.
3. add Brown sugar.
4. Add melted Butter
8. after the 1st 10 min, of cooking, Add Water.
9. Pour mixture into Buttered 9-10" oven proof dish. (I used a round casserole dish)
10. Sprinkle with cinnamon over the top.
12. put it in a pastry bag with a STAR TIP, or Plastic zip lock bag.
13. Pipe this over top of Casserole baking dish decorating the Pudding to Your Liking.
15. Brown 3-4 min under broiler. just til golden brown.
Watch carefully not to Burn.