Tropical Madness Pie
I wanted something with some major POW and this recipe can totally be customized and have other fruits thrown in (mango, papaya, etc)!!! Just make sure to strain so it doesn't make it soggy!!! Also, try mixing up the puddings and crusts!
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 nilla wafer prepared pie crust (or make your own)
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 8oz can crushed pineapple, with juice
- 1 pkg instant banana pudding, sugar free (4, 1/2 cup servings)
- 1 cup toasted coconut (reserve 1/4 cup for topping)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
- 1 8oz tub of light cool whip, thawed (reserve 1/4 cup for topping)
1In a large bowl, dump pineapple WITH juice. Dip banana slices into pineapple juice (this is to help prevent them from turning brown). On the bottom of the Nilla crust place a layer of banana slices.
2In the bowl with the pineapple, add instant banana pudding and sour cream. Mix well. Add vanilla extract, toasted coconut (To Toast Coconut: Spread a thin layer of coconut on a baking sheet and place in a preheated 400° oven. Let cook until lightly golden. DO NOT BURN!!! Which happens easily so keep your eye on it.), and Cool Whip; combine.
3Pour filling over bananas and crust. Chill for several hours (can be frozen).
Just before serving, garnish with reserved Cool Whip and toasted coconut.