2) Using a fork, stir in the water, a tablespoon at a time until the dough forms a ball. Too much water or over mixing will make crust tough.
3) Divide the dough into 2 pieces and flatten into 6" circles. Wrap with waxed paper and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4) Roll out pastry into a 12" circle about 1/8" thick. Loosely fold the circle in half, fit into a buttered pie plate, and trim, leaving a 1" overhang.
5) Brush the crust with beaten egg white to help prevent the bottom from becoming soggy. Refrigerate until the filling is ready.
6) Roll out the second piece of dough. Carefully lift the pastry and place over the filling. Trim, if necessary. Seal to the bottom crust. Flute the edges, cut two or three steam vents in the center. Brush with beaten egg or milk. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake according to the recipe directions.