Sweet Potato Pie
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 pound of sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
- pecans for decoration optional
- whip cream
Break apart sweet potato in a bowl.
Add butter, and mix well with mixer.
Stir in sugar, milk, eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla.
Beat on medium speed until mixture is smooth.
Pour filling into an unbaked pie crust.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 55 to 60 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Pie will puff up like a souffle, and then will sink down as it cools.
Decorate with Pecans if using
Serve with dollop of whip cream