STRAWBERRY PARFAIT PIE
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 3-oz. package strawberry gelatin
- 1¼ cups hot water
- 1 pint vanilla or strawberry ice cream
- 1 pint strawberries, 1½ cups sliced
- 1 8 or 9-inch graham cracker crust
- whipped cream
- 1½ cups fine graham cracker crumbs (18 crackers)
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup melted butter
1Dissolve gelatin in hot water; use stainless steel bowl for it will cool quicker. Wash and stem strawberries, pat dry and slice.
Cut ice cream into 2-inch chunks (4 or 5 scoops should work); add to gelatin and stir until ice cream melts. Chill until partially set. Stir in sliced berries and turn into piecrust; chill. Top with whipped cream if desired. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
2Mix crumbs and sugar; add butter and mix well. Press into 9-inch pie plate. Bake in 375° oven for about 8 minutes; cool before filling.