Mini Chocolate Cream Pie Puffs
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- puff pastry sheets, thawed per packagedirections
- egg (or egg substitute for optional egg wash)
- 1 Tbsp
- water (for optional egg wash)
- 3.9 oz
- box chocolate pudding mix (sugar free also works)
- 1 c
- milk (i used skim)
- 8 oz
- cool whip, thawed (more if not making homemade-as below)
- 1 c
- heavy whipping cream, cold
- 2 Tbsp
- small piece of dark chocolate, for shaving (optional)
WHIPPED CREAM (OPTIONAL):
1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with nonstick spray.
2Unfold thawed pastry dough on floured surface. using a small round cookie cutter, cut as many rounds from the dough as you desire. Place rounds on prepared pan and brush with optional egg wash. (The egg wash will give them a nice golden color when baked.) Bake in preheated oven for about 11 minutes until golden and puffed. Remove and allow to cool completely.
3While puffs are baking, prepare pudding mix and milk. Beat with mixer until slightly thickened. Gently fold in 8 oz. of cool whip. Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
4OPTIONAL HOMEMADE WHIPPED CREAM: In a chilled bowl with chilled beaters, whip the cream and sugar until stiff peaks form. Store in refrigerator until needed.