Maple Apple Pie
- pastry for two crust pie, homemade or store bought
- 6 cups thinly sliced pared tart apples, about 5 medium
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. margarine or butter, melted
- 6 tbsp. maple flavored syrup
½ cup flour
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3 Tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
½ cup unsalted butter, cold, cut into ½ inch cubes, 1 stick
¼ cup rolled oats
In large bowl, mix flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt and cinnamon. Mix well.
Add butter to flour mixture and mix thoroughly with pastry blender, fork or your fingers til texture is like small peas.
Add rolled oats and mix to create a crumbly consistency.
Sprinkle crumb topping over a pie, cutie pies or Petit-5’s before baking