Fresh Strawberry Summertime Pie By Freda
Note:The Pie Crust Baking time is not added into the Cooking Times.
Cooking time is for the Glaze only.
TIP: Never Leave your Berries soaking in water. Your Pie will become Soggy as the berries absorb the water.
- your favorite pie crust baked 8=12 minutes, just til it starts to brown. then cool
- enough to fill your pie wash and clean. note: do not allow berries to sit in water. your pie will be runny if you do. strawberries absorb water.
- 1 C
- strawberry pulp, (is made by mashing fresh berries)
- 2 C
- 2 cups or more of the fresh berries sliced in uniform slices
- 1 C
- 3 TBS
- 1/2 C
- 1 TBS
- 1 C
- crushed strawberries ( pulp above)
- drops of red food coloring ( optional)
Wash and clean Berries as Directed in the Ingredients For the Berries.
Mix, Sugar Cornstarch, Crushed Strawbewrries, % water in a sauce pan.
Cook over Medium heat until mixture begins to Boil. Keep Stirring, Cook for 2 more Minutes, til this sauce becomes thick and translucent in color.
Remove from heat.