Fresh Peach Pie, Grandma's Recipe
And it was always served warm, with ice cream.
If we were very lucky it was homemade ice cream, too!
- 3/4 c
- 1/4 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 4-5 c
- ripe fresh peaches, peeled and sliced (about 5 cups)
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp
- each cinnamon and nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp
- cold butter, cut into small bits
- pie crust for double crust pie
- 1 tsp
- large grain decorating sugar or regular sugar for top of pie
Mix white sugar, brown sugar and 1/4 cup flour in a large bowl. Add peaches, lemon juice, cinnamon and nutmeg and toss well. Pile fruit onto 9 or 10 inch pastry lined pie pan. Scatter bits of butter over fruit.
Sprinkle 1 teaspoon decorating sugar or regular sugar on top of pie crust. Cover edges of pie crust with strips of aluminum foil to prevent over darkening during baking (optional).