Easy Banana Fried Pies
Lisa Solomon @lisagsolomon35
found this recipe and tried it. They turned out pretty good.
1Recipe: Easy Fried Banana Pies
If you're looking for something a little different to serve for dessert at weekend get-togethers, try these easy-to make Fried Banana Pies.
• Get some large, firm, barely ripe bananas. Each banana will make four mini-pies. Barely ripe bananas will hold their texture better.
• Get some Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry dough. It comes in ready-to-use sheets in your grocery's freezer section. (I tried filo dough, but it's too fragile for me to work with. Your mileage may vary.)
• You'll also need some honey, and/or brown sugar if desired, powdered confectioner's sugar, and vegetable cooking oil.
1. Peel and slice bananas in half longways, and then in half again crossways.
2. Lay out a sheet of puff pastry dough. I roll it out a little thinner to make it go further and make the pies less doughy.
3. Cut a square of pastry dough slightly longer than a banana piece, and place the banana on it. Put a little honey on the banana, and/or sprinkle a little brown sugar if desired, roll it up so it looks like an eggroll, then pinch all the seams and ends together to seal it.
4. Fry in a skillet with 1/4" or so of medium-hot cooking oil. Fry on each side until the dough is done to a crispy golden brown.
5. Remove from skillet and use a paper towel to absorb excess oil. Sprinkle with powdered confectioner's sugar.
Serve hot, alone or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt. Yum!