Dina's Famous Pumpkin Pie
My sister, Nadine, made this one Thanksgiving and every one loved it. It has a different crust and it tends to stick a bit to the pan, so be sure to grease the pan, with butter or cooking spray. This pie is a real winner.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- oat crust:
- 2 cups quick quaker oats, uncooked
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 6 tbsp. margarine or butter
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1 pkg (6 serving size) vanilla pudding mix not instant
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 t. each ginger and cinnamon
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup canned solid pack pumpkin
- 1 can evaporated milk, 13 oz
for topping. Firmly press mixture on sides and bottom of pie plate. (Dina
doesn't say to do this, but I buttered my pie plate, as the oat crust can
sometimes be difficult to remove). Bake at 350 for 10 to 15 minutes. Cool before
thoroughly. Cook until it boils, about 10 minutes. Bring to full bubbling boil.
Cool for 10 minutes. Stir. Pour into shell. Refrigerate several hours. Garnish
with cool whip and reserved topping.