Cin's Splendid Apple-Cranberry Pie
Make enough pastry dough for a double-crust pie. I used my Aunt Maxine's pie crust recipe (I've already posted in on JAP).
I barely got to eat this because everyone in the fam wanted to 'try' it... right, it was gone in no time.
If you try making it, I hope you enjoy it as much as we all did.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3 large
- fugi apples
- Fruit Fresh
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 3/4 c
- 1/3 c
- dried cranberries (plumped)
- 1/4 c
- 1/3 c
- Jumex Strawberry Nectar (diet)
- 1 tsp
- ground saigon cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp
- sea salt
- 1/8 tsp
- freshly zested nutmeg
- capful each: rum, almond & butter extracts
- butter (to dot top of pie, before placing top crust on)
- pastry: make enough dough for a double-crust pie
6Serve hot from the oven with vanilla ice cream (pie was also "splendid" served at room temperature).