Calories= 420; Total Fat = 26g; Sodium = 220mg; Fiber = 2g ...
NOT your diet piece of pie! But so delicious for the summer and something pretty and special to serve company!
- refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box
- 1 c
- (6-oz bag) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/4 c
- powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp
- kirsch (or water, or 7-up)
- 1 pkg
- (8-oz) cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 pt
- strawberries, hulled, cleaned, and halved (3 to 4 cups)
- 3 Tbsp
- red currant jelly
- 2 tsp
- kirsch (or water or 7-up)
Prepare your strawberries ahead of time: clean, hull, slice into halves, and allow to drain/dry, before pouring into pie.
Bake according to pkg. instructions for ONE-CRUST pie. Cool crust completely, on a cooling rack. Make sure the pie pan is cool, too, so the heat doesn't transfer up thru the crust and get trapped by the filling once it's poured in ... your pie won't set up!
Arrange your prepared strawberries (make sure they're good and dry) over the chocolate mixture.
Spoon OR brush the jelly over the strawberries, covering the entire thing. Pour any remaining glaze over the pie.
Cover and refrigerate any remaining pie (yeah, right! Leftovers? I don't think so!)