black forest tart
You can garnish the top of the pie with whipped cream and some chocolate curls instead of grated chocolate.Or you can garnish each serving with some whipped cream and a regular or chocolate covered cherry.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- crust 1 refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box
- 6 oz semisweet baking chocolate, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (21 oz) cherry pie filling with more fruit
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1 oz semisweet baking chocolate, grated
1Heat oven to 450°F. Place pie crust in 9-inch pie pan or 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom as directed on box for One-Crust Filled Pie. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
2In small saucepan, melt 6 oz chocolate and the butter over low heat, stirring constantly; remove from heat. In small bowl, beat powdered sugar and cream cheese. Stir in melted chocolate mixture; beat until smooth. Add 1 cup of the cherry pie filling; blend gently. Set aside remaining pie filling. Spread mixture evenly into cooled crust. Refrigerate 1 hour.
3In small bowl, mix topping ingredients. Spread evenly over cooled chocolate layer. Spoon remaining cherry pie filling in a band around outer edge of tart. Refrigerate until serving time.