Sweet Potato Custard
Prep time, does not include refrigeration time.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- prep time, does not include refrigeration time
- 4 medium
- sweet potatoes (6 oz. each)
- 2 Tbsp
- light brown sugar (packed)*
- 1/4 c
- orange juice, fresh or from concentrate
- 4 tsp
- fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 c
- plain low-fat yogurt
- *diabetics use a brown sugar substitute, if needed
1Preheat oven to 400°F. Bake potatoes, until soft, about 45 minutes. Cool completely.
2Remove potato pulp from skin, and place in a medium bowl. Add sugar and juices. Beat with electric mixer or whisk, until sugar is dissolved and potatoes are light. Fold in yogurt.
3Transfer mixture to custard cups. Refrigerate, until cold, 1 hour. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition: 189 cal, 4.4 g fat (.5 g sat), 3 mg chol, 50 mg sod, 3.7 g fiber.