Cool Pistachio Dessert
Try using Chocolate pudding and Pecans or lemon pudding and Walnuts or if pecans are preferred with any of the puddings.
I always make this for pot lucks and there is never any left over.
This is also a family favorite and is requested by our Grandchildren.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 1/2 sticks margarine or butter
- 1 1/2cups flour
- 3/4 cups chopped nuts ( pistachio or walnut or pecans)
- 8 oz. philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups confectioneers sugar
- 1 1/2 cups cool whip
- 2 small pkgs.( 3.4 oz. size) pistachio instant pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups cool whip
- 1/4 cups finely chopped nuts
1Blend margarine nuts and flour and press into a 9 x 13 inch glass baking pan, sprayed with non stick spray. Using a fork, poke holes in crust and bake at 350º for 15 minutes or until slightly brown. Cool.
2Beat cream cheese until creamy, Add Confectioners sugar and 1 1/2 cups cool whip. Spread on cooled crust.
Spoon pudding on top of cream cheese layer.
3Spread Cool Whip on top to cover, garnish with nuts of choice on top. Refrigerate for several hours, preferably overnight. Cut in squares to serve.