Bowden Blondies with caramel, apples & Walnuts
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 3/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 1 tsp
- cinnamon, ground
- 3 or 4 pinch
- nutmeg, ground
- 2 c
- brown sugar
- 1 c
- sunflower or canola oil
- extra large /jumbo eggs
- egg yolks
- 4 c
- apples, granny smith peeled, cored, and diced
- divide apples in half
- 1 bag(s)
- soft caramels (you will need 30)
- 5 1/2 Tbsp
- heavy cream
- butter flavored shortning /cooking spray
11. Use hand mixer to beat brown sugar, oil, eggs, and egg yolk smooth
22. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
33. Use hand mixer to combine flour mix, and sugar mix until completely blended. *Dough is stiff*
44. Fold in 2 C. of the diced, peeled granny Smith apples, and roasted (you can use unroasted) walnuts.
55. Turn oven to 350°f to preheat.
66. Grease with shortening, or spray with no stick the sides, and bottom of (2) 8x8 glass baking dishes. Wipe excess shortening off.
77. Dived dough into 3 equal parts. Press 1 portion of dough into each pan, reserving the last portion.
88. Melt caramels into heavy cream. Stir constantly with wooden spoon! Will burn quickly!!
99. Drizzle melted caramel equally over the dough pressed into the 2 pans.
1010. Crumble remaining dough over caramel, and pressed dough.
1111. Garnish top with remaining peeled, diced apple pieces.
1313. Cool completely on cooling rack. I usually do an hour on the rack.
14Cut each pan into 6 servings. Can be plated, popped into the microwave for 25 seconds, and served with ice cream for a là mode.