Bowden Blondies with caramel, apples & Walnuts
Featured Pinch Tips Video
Family Tested & Approved
all purpose flour
3 or 4
sunflower or canola oil
extra large /jumbo eggs
apples, granny smith peeled, cored, and diced
soft caramels (you will need 30)
butter flavored shortning /cooking spray
1. Use hand mixer to beat brown sugar, oil, eggs, and egg yolk smooth
2. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
3. Use hand mixer to combine flour mix, and sugar mix until completely blended. *Dough is stiff*
4. Fold in 2 C. of the diced, peeled granny Smith apples, and roasted (you can use unroasted) walnuts.
5. Turn oven to 350°f to preheat.
6. Grease with shortening, or spray with no stick the sides, and bottom of (2) 8x8 glass baking dishes. Wipe excess shortening off.
7. Dived dough into 3 equal parts. Press 1 portion of dough into each pan, reserving the last portion.
8. Melt caramels into heavy cream. Stir constantly with wooden spoon! Will burn quickly!!
9. Drizzle melted caramel equally over the dough pressed into the 2 pans.
10. Crumble remaining dough over caramel, and pressed dough.
11. Garnish top with remaining peeled, diced apple pieces.
12. Bake in your preheated 350°f oven for 25- 30 minutes, or until toothpick has tiny cooked crumbles on it, but no wet dough ;)
13. Cool completely on cooling rack. I usually do an hour on the rack.
Cut each pan into 6 servings. Can be plated, popped into the microwave for 25 seconds, and served with ice cream for a là mode.
About this Recipe