Coconut Cream Dessert
This dessert is wonderful for hot weather coming. There is ice cream in the mix, and this is kept in the freezer..so easy to throw together. I like the saltiness of the crust against the sweetness of the filling...Yum!
Everyone will be asking you for the recipe..so be ready!
Recipe from my TOH Quick Cooking May/June 2003 issue.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 - 1/2 c
- crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 68 crackers)
- 1/2 c
- plus 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 gal
- vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/2 c
- cold milk
- 1 tsp
- coconut extract
- 2 pkg
- (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 c
- flaked coconut, divided
- carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
Spread over the crust; top with whipped topping. Toast remaining coconut; sprinkle over top. Cover and freeze for up to 2 months.