Motherload Pineapple Squares
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups butter, chilled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 20oz. can crushed pineapple, do not drain
- 1 well beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 4oz. container green candied or glazed cherries, drained
- 4oz. container red candied or glazed cherries, drained
1Let's get started and create some "yumsilicious". In your stand or hand mixer blend the crust ingredients until fine crumbs are formed. Set aside 3/4 cups of crumb mix and with the rest press into a GREASED 9x13-inch baking dish. Bake in a 350-degree oven for 20 minutes.
2Meanwhile in a double boiler stir the filling ingredients, except the cherries, until thickened. Now stir in cherries. Pour over baked crust. Sprinkle with remaining crust mixture and bake for another 25 minutes.
3Cool completely and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cut into 24 squares, wiping the knife between cuts. These are not only beautifully FESTIVE, they are VERY TASTY, too!!!!!