Cranberry and Orange Streusel
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 lb. fresh or frozen cranberries
- finely grated peel and freshly squeezed juice of 1 orange
- honey to taste
- chilled light cream, to serve
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/3 cup light soft brown sugar
- 3/4 stick unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
- a medium ovenproof dish
FOR THE STREUSEL TOPPING:
1Preheat oven to 425
2Put cranberries in pan with orange juice and bring to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes, then remove from heat and sweetened to taste with honey. Pour into a baking dish and let cool.
3Mix flour, sugar and grated orange peel into a bowl and add butter. Rub butter into the dry mixture til it resembles fine bread crumbs and is on no account greasy or oily. (Pop into a plastic bag and leave in the fridge for 20 minutes if it has become so).