I think it will be wonderful for Summer. If anyone has any idea where this came please let me know. I have no idea if it is a dessert, side or starter. I think depending on what else is served it could be used for any of these...
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- ripe honeydew melon or 2 cantalopes
- 1/4 c
- super fine sugar
- 1/2 c
- muscat wine (sauternes can also be used).
- blood oranges-peeled, sliced and take out seeds
- pineapple-peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- fresh strawberries-hulled and sliced
- handfuls of blueberries
- handful of raspberries
- pink grapefruit-sectioned and w/out membranes
- any other season fruit can be used. use caution with apples and pears as they brown and will look unattractive.
- mint sprigs or edible flowers (rose petals, pansies, or other unsprayed flowers, available at gourmet shops. do not use nasturtiums as they are spicy.
PREPARE THE FOLLOWING FRUITS:
1Scoup fruit out of Honeydew or Cantalope.
Puree in a food processor.
2Stir in sugar until it completely disolves.
3Taste and add more sugar if needed.
4Stir in wine and set aside.
5Arrange fruits in individual bowls.
6Ladel soup over fruit and garnish with mint sprigs or edible flowers.