Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1/2 c firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 3/4 c water
- 1 tbsp butter plus 4 more tsp
- 4 apples, peeled and cored
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 4 tsp light brown sugar cinnamon
- single crust pie
1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Make syrup: Place dark brown sugar, water and 1 tablespoon of butter in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for a minute or two, to thicken up. Set aside.
2. Evenly divide raisins, light brown sugar and butter among the 4 apple core holes. Sprinkle all 4 apples with cinnamon.
3. Divide your chilled pie dough into 4 equal parts. Roll or hand flatten each into a “pancake” large enough to cover a whole apple. Place each apple in the center of its own round of dough. For each one, bring up the sides of the dough to cover and close in the apple. Place apples on a rimmed baking sheet, baste with syrup and bake for 20-25 minutes, basting 2-3 more times, until golden brown.