Fall Favorite Sweet Potato Pudding
My mom used to put marshmallows on top before baking, but I'm not a fan of them, so I leave them off and opt for a dollop of whipped cream, instead.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 eggs, separated, room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup mashed cooked sweet potatoes
1In a medium mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Beat yolks in a separate bowl.
2In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar; add well-beaten egg yolks, milk, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, ginger, and sweet potatoes.
3Fold in beaten egg whites. Turn mixture into a buttered 1 1/2-quart casserole. Bake at 350º F for 40 minutes.
4Serve with a dollop of whipped cream or caramel sauce.