- 8 oz
- plain or self-raising flour. (8 heaped tbsp)
- 4 oz
- soft margarine
- 2 Tbsp
- cold water
Roll the pastry out to the required thickness with light, quick, forward strokes.
Use 5 ounces soft margarine to 8 ounces flour with:
1 tablespoon water (brimming)
1 rounded dessertspoon castor sugar.
Use 5 ounces soft margarine to 8 ounces flour.
AT STAGE 3:
Mix with 1 dessertspoon water and 1 egg yolk, in which is dissolved 1 rounded dessertspoon castor sugar.
1. Keep everything cool - the bowl, the rolling pin, the margarine, water, the mixed dough. And rinse your hands in cold water just before you start.
2. Keep to the amount of water given in the recipe you are using and measure all ingredients accurately.
3. Keep handling and rolling light.
4. Keep the oven temperature fairly hot or hot, according to recipe you use. Pastry needs quick cooking. Turn the oven on and set to the correct temperature 15 minutes before it is needed.
If you follow these basic rules and add a bit of practice, your pastry will be a success every time.