Dark Cocoa Graham Cracker Crust
VERY nice compliment to any filling of your choice. In my photo it shows Cassie's Peanut butter pie for the filling.
You can use any cocoa, I just like the Dark for this recipe.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 1/3 c
- graham cracker crumbs
- 1 c
- powdered sugar
- 2/3 c
- special dark cocoa powder
- 3/4 c
- melted unsalted butter (one and a half sticks)
1Grind up your graham crackers, two packs.
(I use my food processor)You will have a little left over to sprinkle around your pies.
Using a whisk, mix together the first three ingredients then add your melted butter using a fork.
Evenly pour the crumbs into two 8" pie plates.
Press firmly on the sides using your hands then press with a small round cup for a firmer crust.
3To make this pie:
1) prepare the crust as directed above.
2) cassie's creamy dreamy Peanut butter pie
3) top with Chocolate ganache: 1 cup heavy whipping cream heated up (not to a boil) then add 1 1/3 cups REAL simi sweet chocolate chips. Whisk until smooth and creamy then pour over pies, spread evenly then place in frig.