Chocolate Derby Pie
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 c
- 12 oz
- package semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 c
- self-rising flour, sifted
- 1/2 lb
- butter, melted (2 sticks)
- 2 tsp
- 2 c
- pecans, chopped (i buy these from trader joe's)
- 9 inch unbaked deep-dish (a must) pie shells (or 3 regular 9 inch unbaked pie shells)
1Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
2Mix together the eggs, sugar and melted chocolate.
3Add the flour and mix it all together; stir in the remaining ingredients (expect for the pie shells!).
4Spread the mixture into the pie shells. Bake for about 30 minutes. Take the pie out and let it set for a while. If the chocolate doesn't seem to come together firm enough for cutting, bake it for up to an additional 10 minutes (might want to put foil around pie crust edges). Serve warm with some ice cream. This pie does freeze well.